Saturday, May 1, 2010

clash of the textures


Emma Watson for teen Vogue 

Loving the volume, structure and layers in this shoot! There's such 
a great play between soft and structure with the silhouettes of the 
pieces, the clashing textures and prints are quite subtle but work so well here.
I'm really into the mix of old look and new look with lace and velvets teamed 
with leopard print and chunky accessories and heels  

...Oh, and hands up who wants a shape skirt!!? (above) Meeee!!! 

Challenge for the week: to wear as many textures, prints and 
patterns in one ensemble as possible!

So, I'm officially on the prowl for a velvet blazer. Burgundy would work particularly well with blonde but with my new red hair I'm thinking a soft blue... I could always go crazy with fuschia or mustard yellow, that could be fun!


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep... *Beeeeeeep*